Sunday, September 2, 2012

Overwhelmed...

At times I feel overwhelmed by it all...

Overwhelmed... 
...by the many blessings in my life
... that the Lord placed Matt and I together
...by the 1 in 250 miracle identical twins growing inside of me
...that God chose us to be their parents, when I know thousands pray daily for a child
...by the thought of raising two girls in this world
...thinking if I will be an appropriate role model of confidence and good body image 
...by the thought of getting "back in shape"
...by the task of showing them God's love through us
...by the fear that can arise in wondering if they are "healthy"
...wondering and praying if they will accept God's love and grace for themselves
...praying they will see themselves as "fearfully and wonderfully made"
...by all the worries of HOW I'm going to handle TWO at the same time 
...by the changes from one stage of life to the next 
...by fear of losing friendships
...that God once again answered our prayers and has provided financially for our family 
...that God is always faithful...always...even when I doubt it...


"Teach me your ways, O Lord,
    that I may live according to your truth!
Grant me purity of heart,
    so that I may honor you.
12 
With all my heart I will praise you, O Lord my God.
    I will give glory to your name forever,
13 
for your love for me is very great.
    You have rescued me from the depths of death."

No comments:

Post a Comment