Thursday, June 28, 2012

It's all pink!

It's official...we will be having 2 baby girls! Right now it still appears they are identical! Crazy! We pretty much knew at our 16 week appointment that one of the babies was a girl, due to them sharing a placenta the other was assumed to be a girl. Matt and I had to take a little time to wrap our minds around 2 girls. We are so excited, yet the thought of raising girls seems like so much more pressure than boys. I know that the Lord will grant us wisdom along the way on how to raise girls who love Him.

 Pregnancy Highlights:

 How Far Along: 21 weeks Size of babies: 8 in. 1 lbs. (They are already so cramped, I can't even begin to imagine when they are closer to full term) 

Maternity Clothes: Half and half still. It's going to be hard to put away the maternity jeans after...they are so comfortable! Haha

Gender: Two girls

Movement: Yes, all the time. I felt them like crazy during church Sunday, I guess the music got them going. The ultrasound tech asked if I drank coffee before my appointment because they were moving so much. I hadn't...

Sleep: Off and on. I get comfortable for a little bit, then something happens like my arm falls asleep or my hip hurts...

Symptoms: I really feel pretty great except for some occasional nerve pain.

 What I miss: Crossfit workouts I can do fully. Fitting into clothes. Pre-pregnancy clear skin

Cravings: Everything that contains Gluten, that I can't eat!  

 Best Moment this week: One has to do with our current "babies"(dogs), and the other our real "babies."
1. Our dogs somehow pushed our fence open last week in the morning and started enjoy a day roaming through the neighborhood. Thankfully during the day there are so many workers in yards and people out that a sweet lady got Bula (our friend to everyone dog), and took her to the vet. We looked from about 10 am until 7 pm for Lily (our shy, scared of all things strange dog.) I was mad that my husband had somehow converted me to a dog person. I also thought people were crazy when they would be upset after losing a dog....now i get it! We were extremely worried that she had just run off to hide somewhere. Thankfully we found her running down the middle of our street...huge tongue hanging out and all...relief!
2. The "big" ultrasound finding out the gender and confirming all things look good with the babies! The ultrasound took 2 hours...at one point I had to have her stop because I thought I was about to pass out, or throw up...the last 20 minutes were not as enjoyable...ha

What I am looking forward to: Deciding on names!

No comments:

Post a Comment