Wednesday, May 23, 2012

How it all began...

This is how it all began...


I should have thought more about taking two pregnancy tests...and only two tests...it was a sign from the beginning. The week before our first doctor's appointment we traveled with Matt's family to Italy for Spring Break. His sisters and 14-year-old brother found it humorous the whole trip to joke about us having twins. They would tell my "bye you three" or "How are the wombmates?" (That was his brother's favorite joke!) I just laughed it off, but Matt eventually jumped on the joking bandwagon...not a good idea! ha The night before our 8 week appointment Matt was joking about us having twins, to which I stated, "You are going to jinks us." Matt quickly replied, "It's IMPOSSIBLE for us to have twins!" I glared and with a loving finger towards him ;) responded that he better be careful what he says is impossible with God! Then the appointment came...


I was nervous for the first appointment like most moms...and for some horrible reason the night before I watched the 19 Kids and Counting episode (okay confession...I do watch it for mindless TV) where they lost their most recent baby. Not a good idea before your first appointment. The tech started the ultrasound and then couldn't see what she need to see, and switched types of ultrasounds. This made me even more nervous...She then stated, "Yep, that's what I thought. There are two in there." AHHH! My first reaction...I glared at my wonderful husband and said, "I told you not to say things are impossible!" 




The shock still hasn't worn off. We are so grateful to God for the surprise blessing of TWO babies, but also a little unsure of the chaos to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment