Well...then the girls came along! At first it was easy to find time to cook because they took an evening nap. Now that they may only catnap, and Maddie seems to hate me leaving the room from 4:30-bedtime...cooking has lost its luster!
In comes the crock-pot...life-changer...It takes throwing in some ingredients, turning the knob, and you have a great smelling house, and a delicious meal!
Here are some of my favorite crock-pot (also gluten-free) recipes:
Cranberry-Dijon Roast: crockpot365.blogspot.com
I was hesitant at first with this recipe...but overall we like it!
Throw it all in! Cook on low 7-10 hours. (Take about 7 in my pot).
Sante-Fe Chicken skinnytaste.com
Throw it all in! Cook on low about 10 hours. With an hour remaining shred the chicken. We usually eat it with lettuce, and make a taco salad.
Herb-Garlic Chicken with Potatoes
1/4-1/2 cup olive oil
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 T oregano
1 T basil
1 t rosemary
- Rinse chicken inside and out; pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken on plate; set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together olive oil, garlic, oregano, basil, salt, and paper. With basting/pastry brush, spread mixture all over chicken. Transfer chicken to crock-pot. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 8-10 hours.
- 5-8 red potatoes, quartered
- ¼- ½ cup of olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 shakes dried oregano
- 5 shakes dried basil
- Hand full rosemary, crushed
- In a large Ziploc bag or large bowl, add potatoes, olive oil, garlic, herbs, and spices; mix. Transfer potatoes to Crock-Pot, and pour over bird. Cook with chicken as directed above